Our kid’s table tennis program is divided into three levels, bronze, silver, and gold. Each stage requires mastering a series of increasingly advanced skills.
Bronze: All skills demonstrated in a multi-ball environment
- Ready Position
- Forehand Drive – 5 repetitions
- Backhand Drive – 5 repetitions
- Forehand Push – 5 repetitons
- Backhand Push – 5 repetitions
- Legal Service – 5 repetitions
Students that successfully complete the bronze award receive an Eugene Table Tennis Club T-shirt.
- Repeat bronze stroke-play in a live drill environment
The following in a multi-ball environment
- Alternating Forehand and Backhand Drives – 5 repetitions
- Alternating Forehand Drives and Pushes – 5 repetitions
- Alternating Backhand Drives and Pushes – 5 repetitions
- Forehand Chop – 5 repetitions
- Backhand Chop – 5 repetitions
- Forehand Flick – 5 repetitions
- Backhand Flick – 5 repetitions
Students that successfully complete the silver award receive a professional level table tennis blade and rubbers.
- Service Return – read and return a variety of spin services
- Forehand and Backhand Block against loop – 5 repetitions each
- Forehand and Backhand Loop – 5 repetitions each
- Alternating Drive/Kill against spin variation – 5 repetitions
- Alternating Drive/Loop against spin variation – 5 repetitions
- Drop Shots Forehand and Backhand – 5 repetitions each
- Cobra (push-chop) Forehand and Backhand – 5 repetitions each
- Falkenburg Drill – 5 repetitions
Students that successfully complete the gold award receive a free one year membership to the Eugene Table Tennis Club.
Sponsorship for this program was provided via events organized by Dr. Timothy Scott. On behalf of all of us “Thanks Tim!”.
Gold: None as yet
Silver: Lucas and Kaleb
Bronze: Lucas, Kaleb, Tayden, Catalina, Joseph, Gavin, Ezekiel, Evan, and Jacob.
Here are pictures of our successful kids
Lucas our first Bronze and Sliver recipient.
Kaleb who has also earned Bronze and Silver.
Back row left to right Darius, Tayden, and Kaleb. Front row Jacob and Gavin all with their Bronze award shirts.
Four more Bronze Award winners Ezekiel, Catalina, Jacob and Evan.
Coach Grant working on forehand drives with Tayden.
Coach Grant and Evan showing good forehand form.